Bulgarian Young Psychiatrists' Association
is an independent non-governmental organization founded by a group of psychiatric trainees, PhD students and early career psychiatrists in 2018. Our aim is to consolidate and contribute for the development ot the national community of young psychiatrists.
While definitions of „early career psychiatrists“ and „young psychiatrists“ may slightly vary, it is widely acknowledged that the period of training and the first years since completion of residency are of crucial importance for the professional development of every psychiatrist.
Until now, Bulgaria has had no official representative of psychiatric trainees or young psychiatrists in any form of association.
- Consolidation and development of the community of young psychiatrists in Bulgaria
- Exchange of information, support in the drive for scientific development and long-lasting professional contacts
- Improvement of the quality of psychiatric training in Bulgaria
- Impact on public attitudes for better recognition of the profession and fight against the stigmatization of psychiatry
- Sustainable links with similar international communities that provide opportunities for exchange and improvement of professional development
Our logo is inspired by motifs of Bulgarian traditional embroidery similar to the one on this image. The fragmentation of the embroidery in the logo symbolizes the disintegration of mental functions in severe mental illnesses.
On the image: Traditional Bulgarian embrodery
Full members are psychiatric trainees, psychiatrists up to 5 years after completing residency, and psychiatrists not older than 40 years. Only full members can apply for the executive committee.
Associated members are people who do not meet the criteria for full membership but are willing to contribute to the community of young psychiatrists. Examples include PhD students in psychiatry, psychiatrists older than 40 years, residents or specialists from other fields in medicine, psychology, philosophy or other related professions.
Dr. Kaloyan Guevara, MD
Dr. Desislava Ignatova, MD, PhD
Dr. Petra Marinova, MD, PhD
Member of the Executive Committee
Early Career Psychiatrist
We will highly appreciate and acknowledge any support from other organizations or their members in terms of exchange of information, knowledge, events, etc.
You can contact us on the following e-mail addresses: